Friday, October 31, 2008

Short Update

30 October 2008

Since Zack brought it to my attention, today I decided that I was going to participate in National Novel Writing Month. Perhaps the challenge of having to type 50,000 words (which, according to my calculations, is roughly equivalent to 100 single-spaced pages) will provide me with sufficient incentive finally to write the novel I've been meaning to write for the last several years? I hope it doesn't count as cheating, but I had an image in my head and I decided to write it out, so I already have approximately 1,800 to my credit. As you already know, I have a great deal of writing to do in the next few days before I go to Ireland, but I figure that the daily effort of laboring on my novel will help to keep me in shape (after a fashion), so that writing my papers doesn't take so long. It'll certainly be more constructive than wasting hour on hour working on my imaginary country.

Besides that, things haven't changed much since my last post. Tomorrow is Emma's and Tristan's birthday, so my flatmates and I have decided to throw a small party in their honor. It should be really enjoyable--fortunately, it's supposed to be nothing like Chazapalooza (a.k.a. My 21st Birthday Party). Just a reasonably small gathering of friends to share a meal together and cake. It should be simply lovely. I can't wait. It's going to be so much fun. Afterwards, I have my papers to finish--and God willing, I should be able to complete them in timely enough a manner that I'll be able to relax a while before embarking for the Emerald Isle.

P.S. Those of you who are interested in the ongoing state of affairs in the United Kingdom of the Staro-Chadite Empire and Chadania, things are good. Even with working on my novel and my papers and everything else that's far more important, I should have plenty of disturbingly thorough material to share with everyone when I get back to Dickinson. God, I am so weird.

No comments: