Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ring of Fire is a wicked, wicked game!

I had intended to write a full account of my activities at the latest LitSoc Pub Crawl, but unfortunately, I have a paper to write for "Modern Germany, 1866-1945" and I am far more interested really in talking about my recent culinary adventures (see post above). So, those of you interested in learning about the LitSoc Pub Crawl on Monday night, please see Shannyn's most recent post.

All I will say is that I am very grateful to have made it home alive. Unfortunately for me, I didn't appreciate how much one can consume while one is in the company of others and engaged in a feverish game of "Ring of Fire"--and I paid the penalty for it. Like so many other things during the course of this year, it was an experience, one that (God willing) I'll never repeat and from which I will come away wiser.

No comments: